Middlefield Explorer Post 82
Fire Service Exploring is open to young men and women from 14 up to 21 years old with an interest in learning more about careers in the field of Fire & Emergency Services.
Fire & Emergency Services Exploring is a hands-on program that exposes participants to many career experiences, leadership opportunities, and community service activities. The primary goals of the program are to help young adults choose a career path within fire and emergency services and to challenge them to become responsible citizens of their communities and country.
You get to experience firsthand what it’s like to be a volunteer Fire fighter & Emergency Service provider through firefighting training & ride alongs during actual fire calls.
Nationally, over 22,500 Explorers participate in 1,754 Fire and Emergency Services Posts. The program highlights include: the National Fire and Emergency Services Exploring Conferences, ride-alongs, career achievement and proficiency awards, training scenarios, and scholarship opportunities.
You will develop:
- Leadership Skills
- Respect for firefighters & explorers
- New personal skills
You will learn:
- Emergency call protocols
- Firefighting policies & procedures
- Team Building
- Proper Equipment Usage
You will have an opportunity to participate in
- Fire fighting training scenarios
- Emergency calls
- National & Regional Events
You will have an opportunity to network with
- Explorers across the state
- Firefighting & Emergency Services professionals
- Forest Fighters
You will have an opportunity to participate in hands-on projects to give you a real feel for whether this career is the right one for you.
You will learn about the educational requirements for a career in Fire & Emergency Service and will receive tangible advice on steps you could take now to prepare and position yourself for a successful career in the field of Fire & Emergency Service.
Fire & Emergency Service Career Exploring will provide you with the following benefits:
- Improved self-confidence
- Leadership experience and social network development
- Fun and Exciting “hands-on” career experiences
- Community service opportunities
- College & Career Readiness preparation
- Scholarship opportunities
When do meetings take place?
The Middlefield Explorer Post 82 meets with the entire Fire Company every Monday night, but also meets exclusively on the 1st and 3rd Thursdays of every month for more specialized training.
How can I join?
Participation is easy:
- Stop down the fire house on a Monday or Thursday night, and find out how you can join and become an Explorer.